Yep, it is true. My son is now 11 years old today. Time has FLOWN by! I can't believe that it was almost 12 years ago today that my hubby and I decided to take a chance......"Hmmmm," we said to ourselves. "I wonder what would happen if we stopped using birth control. Do you think we would get pregnant right away?"
Duh! We got pregnant that very moment, and it has been a whirlwind of blessings ever since. Here is what you can look forward to if your son will be turning 11 soon too:
1. The arm pits smell like onions! I never knew such a smell could come from such an innocent place!
2. Your son will one day shout from the bathroom, "Mom, come here please." You ask him what is wrong. "Mom, I have hair down THERE!" He wants to show you to confirm that he isn't going crazy and that it is normal.
3. Shoes will become much more expensive....we went tennis shoe shopping for him recently. When all the youth sizes didn't fit, I couldn't figure out what to do. Oh, yeah, I guess that does mean he is now in men's shoe sizing. UGH! Those men's shoes are more expensive. Oh well!
4. You will have to remind him daily to wash his face because the oil on his skin is now apparent. If he doesn't wash the face, the pimples appear rather quickly.
5. He will be almost as tall as you. My son is just a few inches shy of being as tall as me. Not only that, but his hands are just a tiny, weeny bit smaller than mine. That is amazing!
Just 11 years ago I was blessed with a wee little boy whose hand fit in the palm of my hand.....whose face was the highlight of my day and still is. Time flies while you are having fun and enjoying the blessed relationship of having a son. Thank you Lord for this blessing, and thank you for blessing him with 11 wonderful years :)
2 comments:
In just a few short years, I will be writing the same kind of list for my little ones that are growing up so fast! Although my list will include a lot more about crying for no reason, the effect of hormones, stealing mommy's shoes or clothes...ahhh how the time flies!!! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy it!
You post made me laugh. Thanks!
Time passes so quickly :)
Post a Comment