Tired of these yet? I have to write them down on this blog. They are in my journal, but I have felt like I should "raise my ebenezer" to show what God has done and is doing. If it isn't for others, at least my kids will be able to read it later and see how God lead us in this particular situation.
So this one was pretty cool too. I was at dinner with a few dear friends, sharing about this crazy adoption idea. I shared with them that I just couldn't go alone to Ethiopia the second time (you have to go twice in order to adopt from this country). Out of the blue one of my dear friends piped up and said that she had been there before and swore she would never go back. However she said that after hearing me share about it and about not going alone, she said she would go with me!
What? Are you serious? You would spend your own money which I know is scarce these days, and you would actually go along with me to bring our wee one home so I wouldn't have to go alone? Disbelief? Check. Astonishment? Check! Weeping? Check. Feeling an abundance of love from this friend? Check!
So it sounds like I have a travel buddy for the second trip if in fact Joe isn't able to come, and I might even have another one too as another dear friend said she would go too. We shall see how it all plays out in the end, but I am so thankful for the love and support of friends and how God works out even the simplest of details...like being afraid to go alone so He leads others to go with me. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment